Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Where Are They Now?

Do you ever wonder where the sitcom stars you watched growing up are today?  Sometimes you'll see posts online about certain TV stars or every now and then on some of the morning or entertainment shows they'll reunite casts from past TV shows.  And there were some good sitcoms in the 80's and 90's.  Recently, I've been watching reruns of Home Improvement.  I don't think I really watched the show consistently when it was on, but I've found myself laughing out loud at most episodes.  There were a lot of sexist remarks on that show, but I've noticed how important they presented the family unit.  Although the boys could be wild and crazy (as boys are), they also showed them washing dishes, setting the dinner table, cleaning, and helping around the house.  It also always showed both parents cooking and how it was a central part of their daily routine.  So, it got me wondering what ever happened to all the people from the show.  Obviously I've seen Tim Allen on his most recent sitcom with 3 daughters and I've seen Patricia Richardson on a Hallmark movie, as well as, make an appearance on Tim Allen's show.  It's been a refreshing and enjoyable show to watch this summer.

But, there are so many "old" shows that I would love to know what happened to all the actors.  There were some really good and funny shows over the past several decades.  Now, things are either too politically correct, way over the top, too much reality TV, or just plain weird.  Who knows what TV will look like in another 20-30 years.  Hopefully more diversity, more compassion for one another, and more understanding for one another's differences.

Until then, enjoy your favorite reruns and hopefully you find yourself laughing out loud again, too!  Blessings for a joyful first week of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment