Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Self-diagnosis....

Have you ever self-diagnosed yourself after researching your symptoms online?  Yes, I think we've all done it a time or two.  Well, I self-diagnosed myself with sinusitis on Monday.  I started to come down with symptoms on Sunday and it didn't get any better on Monday.  So, I spent the morning researching my symptoms online.  Yep, that's exactly what I have!  Done.  Now, I know how to treat it.  Or at least try all the home remedies to hopefully resolve the problem without going to see a doctor.  

What else have you self-diagnosed yourself with over the years?  I'm sure a lot of emotional diagnosis after much analytical thought...or more likely mind games, twisting of facts, anxiety over situations, and all the other lovely imaginative predictions that have passed through our minds.  And, perhaps some other physical ailments that you've diagnosed yourself with, too.  It's all about being in control...control of our issues, our problems, our ailments, our treatment plans, our solutions...our life!  Right?!

Well, whatever realization you've come to this week I hope it's rooted in truth, facts, and compassion for yourself.  We all need more compassion for ourselves and for one another these days!  But, I'm determined to "cure" myself by the end of the week of this sinusitis, so wish me luck, say a little prayer and stay turned to Sunday's post to see if there's been any improvement.  Crossing my fingers!

Until then, many blessings for a happy and healthy rest of your week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment