Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The Joys of Home Ownership

If it's not one thing it's another when it comes to home ownership!  Especially once your home reaches 10 years or more.  I'm in that lovely sweet spot of "everything is breaking" or needs repair.  Joy.  Fun.

Last week my garage door wouldn't close all the way, so a call to the repair man was made and it was quickly fixed.  Thank goodness!  And bless him for having to work out in 100 degree weather.  Then on Sunday I noticed my water wasn't getting hot.  So, after a couple days of slightly lukewarm showers I called the plumber.  It was a minor fix and thankfully still under warranty (by a few weeks), so no charge!  Yes!  Again, bless him for having to work up in the attic where it was over 100 degrees.  And finally (hopefully finally), the plumber noticed a hole in my roof and asked if I was working on getting it repaired.  I'm actually way overdue on getting my roof replaced as most of my neighbors replaced theirs 3 years old!  Yikes!  I know, I know.  I've just been putting it off...a little too long now apparently.  But, I had already called my insurance company to come out to inspect it, so I have done something.  So, I started calling roofing companies, too, today!  Ugh.  What a pain!  Thankfully the first one to come out put a tarp up to cover up the hole in my roof since it's supposed to rain Friday night.  And yes, bless the guy for going up on the roof in this deadly heat.  Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Please, please be the last thing for now that needs to be fixed, replaced or repaired!  But, bless my home for it's protection from the elements, for air conditioning that is literally a life saver in this oppressive heat, and for flowing water that keeps me refreshed and clean.

Many blessings to you and your home this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment