Monday, July 24, 2017

Better...

Last week was a rough week (per my last post), after suffering from sinusitis all week and with my allergies adding to my misery!  But, I'm finally better and it's a new week!  Thank goodness!  I'm just hoping my allergies calm down this week, too!

Are you a good patient when you're sick?  Are there things that you always tend to do while sick?  Do you binge watch Netflix or watch movies all day?  Do you tend to stay in bed the entire time?  Do you eat whatever you want or are you more conscious of what you eat?  Most importantly, do you take care of yourself?  Do you rest?

I don't think I'm the best patient.  I can't spend a day lying in bed watching TV.  I'm not really a binge watcher, so that's probably why.  If I'm tired I'll take naps, but for the most part I need to feel productive or do something.  So, I guess if I'm not tied down to a hospital bed for something serious I'm not the best "take it easy and rest" kind of girl.  Which is pretty much what I did last week unless I couldn't keep my eyes open, then I'd sit and rest with my eyes closed for awhile.  Otherwise, I was up and at 'em...but yes, I was trying to treat my symptoms to try to ensure it didn't get any worse.  Thankfully it didn't and the swelling finally went down on Thursday.  However, I will warn anyone who might get this in the future...the most painful part is trying to blow your nose.  With my allergies being so bad last week, I had to blow my nose constantly and it felt like someone was pinching my nose as hard as they could every time.  It was miserable.  That pretty much lasted all week.  So, just giving you fair-warning in case you have to deal with it in the future...hopefully not!

But, it's a new week and I'm feeling much better (today, at least)!  So, hopefully it'll be an even more productive week and I'll survive the 100 degree temperatures!  Wishing you a blessed last full week of July ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment