Thursday, July 13, 2017

Finding Meaning....

We've all wondered at some point in time in our lives "What's our purpose in life?"  It comes in and out of focus throughout our lives depending on what's going on in our lives.  If things are going well we think we've got things all figured out, but when things aren't going well that question creeps up more and more.  It certainly has in mine over the past year.

What's the meaning of all this...the daily grind, the tedious to-do's, my presence here...what's the point?  Why am I here?  What purpose do I have to fulfill?  When will I realize that purpose?  Or have I already and just don't know it?  What do I do until I figure out what my purpose is?  Sound familiar?

"Nothing is ever easy" so they say and so it definitely goes in my life.  And as we look from the outside at someone else's life we may envy how "easy" it all seems to be for them.  That always seems true, as well.  But, we never really know the struggles and the hardships someone else is going through...unless we take the time to ask and really get to know them.  But, from the outside looking in we all assume someone has it better than we do.  That's just the nature of our society and how we've been predisposed to believe that.  It doesn't sting any less even if it's not true.  Life is hard and it's trying at times and figuring our way through those hard times is what makes us who we are...it's what changes us for the better.  Yes, it's hard to believe that as we're trudging through the thick muck of it all, but we have to believe that at the end of it we'll find a better path, a better person looking back at us in the mirror and a better life for having gone through it.

We have to have HOPE!  Hope keeps us going even when you don't feel like it.  Hope keeps a small flame burning even though you don't know why, when or where the next step will come.  Hope keeps light in our lives and pushes out the dark.  Hope is the end-all-be-all toward a better tomorrow...a better life.

So, don't lose hope in finding your true purpose in life if you haven't found it yet.  I certainly haven't.  So, say a little prayer for me that I find mine and can fulfill that purpose whole-heartedly for the rest of my life.  In the meantime, have a truly blessed week and know that your life has meaning no matter what!!

No comments:

Post a Comment