Monday, February 27, 2017

Training

Last week I had to travel to California for training.  It's a long flight out there, 3.5 hours, but thankfully I got to sit in first class!  It was actually colder in California (all week) than it was in Texas, so I was freezing for most of the week!  Soup from Whole Foods was a must for dinner every night....just because I was SO cold!  My windshield even had a thin sheet of ice on it the last day I was there.

But, the first day I walked into the conference room for training, there were two ladies in the room...one from Munich and the other from Amsterdam.  The lady from Amsterdam asked if I had met so-and-so which was a Asian name, so I knew right away she thought I was from Asia Pacific somewhere.  I told her no and that I was local...from the States!  Both ladies laughed and I know she was a little embarrassed.  It was quite comical, especially being the first thing she said to me.  There were several people there for training from other countries...Singapore, Japan and another person from Amsterdam...everyone else was from the States.  Everyone was very nice as I got to know them over the week and we laughed about a lot of cultural differences between countries.  It's always fun to talk to people from other countries to see what they like, what they think about America (especially these days), and what they like to shop for in the States.

So, although I wasn't the international co-worker they thought I was at first glance, I made some nice new contacts around the world!  And, I always love that because then you always have a go-to for advice on where to go when you visit their country!

Blessings to you as we wind down February and welcome in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment