Sunday, February 19, 2017

Spring Has Sprung?

Isn't it still winter officially?  Aren't we supposed to be wearing heavy coats and scarves for another month or so?  Or has spring already sprung?  It feels like it has with temperatures in the mid-70's already, flowers blooming and lawns turning green already.  No!  I'm not ready for spring yet!  As most of you know (by reading my blog regularly), I'm not a big fan of spring.  Yes, everything starts blooming again and coming back to life, but my allergies go crazy, I tend to get a ton of bug bites, I have to deal with my lawn and fire ants, and did I mention my allergies?!

I love coats and sweaters so fall and winter are my favorite seasons!  Yesterday I had to shed my sweater because it was so darn hot outside.  I still want a full season of chilly air, hot chocolate and maybe another good freeze or two to kill all those lovely bugs!  Oh mother nature, every year you seem to have more and more unexpected surprises for us.  I don't think that's a good thing!  Traditional weather patterns...seasons...have been turned upside down over the past several years.  And, I suspect that trend to continue with all the global warming and climate change that IS occurring.  

We are testing our planet, our ecosystems and local environments to unknown (and some known) levels.  Only time will tell what result that will have on our health, our way of living, our planet and our environments.  But, we should be mindful of what our planet provides and how we take care of it!

Many blessings to you and our incredible planet for providing so much to our daily lives!  May we take care of it, give back to it and ensure it's bounty for generations to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment