Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Filling Up...

As I've mentioned in a few previous posts, the year hasn't gotten off to the best start...not fresh and new and uplifting in starting a new year.  But, I'm determined to turn it around this month!  It's my birthday month after all!!  

So, starting things off right I went to church on Sunday!  I skipped all of January so maybe that was part of my problem with having a gloomy January.  It felt so good to have my soul filled back up with goodness, grace, God's word and some of my favorite hymns!  Sitting there taking in God's word and wisdom, taking communion and giving all my worries to God renewed my spirit and my hope in the rest of my day...the week ahead...and what's possible in the future.  Yes, just one church visit did that!

Plus, I follow Jesus Calling by Sarah Young on Facebook and the past 4-5 daily posts, maybe in the past week have truly spoken to me and my current situation.  So, it's given me some solace, some grounding and some calm.  Sometimes you never where those moments of peace or clarity will come from, so just be open to receiving them!

The good news is that every day we wake up we get another chance to do it better, get it right or see things with more hope!  If you feel like it's Groundhog's Day over and over again maybe take a closer look to find the lesson to learn or what may be sitting right in front of you that you've overlooked again and again and again.  So, embrace each new day with unlimited possibilities and if you feel like you are on the same merry-to-round day after day, look out the window from a different view point or simply enjoy the small progress you are making toward a bigger goal by being consistent!  It's all in our perspective whether our current situation is good or bad.  Find the good!!

Carry on and find the blessings of this week!  They're there...right in front of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment