Sunday, September 20, 2015

Time Flies!

I was reminded this last week (from Facebook) that it was 2 years ago that I held my 1st book signing in my hometown.  I wrote about it and posted the link to my blog entry from that exciting time last week, as well.  Wow, how time flies!

I can't believe it's been 2 years ago already!  I've been an author for 2 years now...ha!  I don't feel any different and as I reminded myself the other day "you don't get rich from writing a book!"  I knew that going into it and it wasn't even a part of my thought process or motivation to write my book.  I knew it wasn't my golden ticket.  I just wanted to share my story with others in hopes that it would encourage, inspire and give hope to others who are adopted, who are thinking about adopting or who always wondered what it was like to grow up being adopted.  Plain and simple.

But here I am 2 years later and I've been wondering "what next?"  A new book...no, it's too early for that.  Honestly, I really need to get more visibility to my book and my story!  I need to get back into full force marketing mode!  It's been on my to-do list forever and I just need to commit the time and make it happen.  So, hopefully through the end of the year I've made some progress there.  Wish me luck and let me know if there are any opportunities in your area...book fairs/festivals, etc.

As I've been reminiscing lately on an opportunity and an experience I never thought would be part of my life journey, I'm truly thankful and blessed.  And, as I said when I started this journey, who know what else will come from it!  

Reach for your dreams, new opportunities and roll with it!  You never know what might come from it...what new doors might open!  Wishing you many blessings this week and for seeking out new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment