Thursday, September 3, 2015

Mental Health Break

There are times throughout the year where I just need a break...a break from work, the daily grind of life and everything else.  I call them my need for a "mental health break."  I'm at that point...actually I was at this point 3 weeks ago, but am now just about to get my break!  2 more days of work.  

I think we all look forward to vacations and trips to other places to enjoy a new environment, culture and new adventures, but sometimes taking a break and staying at home to get ALL the things done that you've been putting off or haven't had the time to finish is much needed, too.  That's what my next week will be filled with...getting done ALL the things I've put to the side or haven't gotten to yet because I haven't had the time to focus on it.  I'm excited...just as if I were traveling to another place.  Will it be totally relaxing and recharging?  Maybe not relaxing, but it will recharge me....to check off things from my to-do list is always an energy booster for me.  So, bring on my mental health break!!

How do you handle much needed time off from work?  Short weekend trip?  Mini staycations?  They are all much needed, well deserved and MUST be done in order to regroup and refocus ourselves for our own sanity's sake!  So, plan your own mental health break...it could be just a day or you may need a longer break like me (at the moment).  Get your "groove" back and enjoy what life has to offer...take time for yourself!!

Blessings to you this first week of September!  Bring on fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment