Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Time...Not Enough, Too Much

Some days it seems like you don't have enough time in the day to "get it all done" and other times it feels like time is dragging on.  Being busy is good, as long as it's not the over scheduled/trying to do too much kind...it keeps you active, involved and hopefully it's the kind of busy that is improving your life or helping others.  And then there are days where time seems to be standing still...it can't move fast enough. 

I remember a brief conversation I had with a complete stranger one day in the elevator at my office building.  As I got in he greeted me and asked how I was doing.  I said, "I wish it were Friday."  His memorable statement was "You're wishing your life away."  He didn't say it in a mean or stern way, just opening my eyes to a different perspective...shifting my outlook on my situation.  It was a profound statement that I completely appreciated then...and now.

Time is that all encompassing thing...we've all heard these before:  Time heals all.  It's all in the timing.  The timing isn't right.  Give it time.  It's the perfect time!  I timed it just right! 

Our lives are based on the right or imperfect timing, memories of the past and always looking towards the future.  It's all about time...the memorable times in our lives, the tragedies, the accomplishments, all the different stages/phases of our lives...there's a time for everything.  Some days you want it to speed up and other days you wish it would never end.  It's the journey of all our lives...time keeps on tickin!

So, however this year has started out for you and whatever plans you have for the future...may you take a moment to "see" where you are right now and just breathe.  Take the time to just "be"...be you, be in the moment, be true to yourself.  Blessings to you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment