Sunday, January 26, 2014

Hitting the Restart Button

January is always one of the most common times of the year to "hit the restart button" on new resolutions, promises made/broken, or just hitting replay on last year's resolutions.  As I mentioned earlier in the month, I usually never make resolutions...and didn't again this year.  Yes, there are new goals and things I want to get done this year, but I never really call them 'resolutions'.  And, like everyone after the bountiful holidays I'm on the health kick to lose those holiday pounds!  But, like everyone we always have the intent to start off the new year on the 'right' foot...starting January 1st!  

Or you may be like me this year and it's taken 4 weeks to really get my act together!  Part of that is because of family stresses...critical health situations, struggles, etc...for other family members, so the year got off to a really rough start.  And as always, it's takes a good week to come down from all the holiday madness and then ramping yourself back up for work/school, etc. again.  So, this is me "hitting the restart button" to the new year!  Happy New, New Year!!  Again!

I'm ready to kick-off the new year and see where it leads me...from new opportunities with the book, meeting new people and hearing their stories, to putting a priority on the current lack of a love life (yes, yes, those who know me best are cheering right now), to trying new things every week/every month to broaden my knowledge/view/scope on life.  The time is now!  It's the present, current moment to seize and make new, make mine, and serve others.  It's the promise of a new year!

So, if the 'new year' excitement has worn off for you already...let this be a relaunch, a call to arms (so-to-speak), and a restart to your new year and mine!!  Blessings to you in THIS new year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment