Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Finding Stable Ground...

The new year has been a little rocky for my family and I, but we're just taking it day by day..."and this too shall pass."  It's a new year, but I'm already mentally and emotionally exhausted...which has made me physically exhausted these past few days.  I think it's just all catching up to me now.  When things happen you're just in "go" mode...reacting.  But, as time goes on, things settle in and the worry persists it takes its toll.  I'm just hoping my parents are finding some calm and peace to give them strength and comfort.  And, of course God's grace!

One day at a time!  Yes, I used to watch a 70's TV show with that title, but it's also something we all have to do from time to time...just to get through whatever we're currently facing in our lives...or just to keep our sanity!  Sometimes it's an hour by hour thing or minute to minute thing.  Whatever life throws at us we have to find ways to digest it or process it so we can just get through the day.  

I'm ready for the fog to lift in all the situations going on right now, but I'm also extremely blessed for all the good things in my life.  I don't want to lose sight of all the good even in the midst of many difficult situations.  It's the light of hope that always shines to lead the way!  Faith!  I want to be more present in each and every day and even though the present doesn't feel that great right now, it's about feeling those feelings...owning them, understanding them, growing closer to God through trust and prayer, and working through it all.  The 'little' tests of life that reflect a lesson that needed to be learned and that pushes us (hopefully) closer to God and his bounty for our lives.  So, may you find those blessings even in the midst of pain, heartache, illness, tragedy and challenges in your life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment