Wednesday, September 11, 2013

This Is It!! Off to My 1st Book Signing!

Work week done...check!  Yippee...vacation!  But, it really doesn't feel like a vacation.  It feels more like a really exciting business adventure...back in my hometown!  I write a lot about this place in my book and you'll find I'm pretty sentimental about it.  I'm not sure if that's just the girl in me or the country girl in me or what, but it just holds a very special place in my heart with a lot of special memories.  

I can't wait to see my family...aunts, uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins, possibly some great aunts and uncles, friends, maybe even some old teachers...oh, and eat some really good home cooking!!  Ohhh, how I miss my Grandma's wonderful cooking!  But, both of my aunts are fabulous cooks...something they got from their mother.  As well as my aunt in TX who makes all the classics every time we get together...reminding me of home and family!  I always get anxious to get back to my hometown because I have so many fond memories there...of the people and that place.  And each time I go back to visit and drive down Main St. (where there's no traffic light in town), it's still the same family loving, traditional, farming community that it's always been.  Sure, some things have changed, but for the most part not really.  I love that I grew up there and had those simple and traditional family values instilled in me.  I could see that beaming out of my friends when I went back for their class's 20th high school reunion in June.  My friends were no longer the 9 years olds I had remembered when I left.  They were now (mostly) married, moms and dads with beautiful kids and had the same values as what I remembered when I left.  It wasn't necessarily surprising, but really heartwarming to see, especially with their kids.  Love that!

So, onto the FUN part of my whirlwind week!  Although, I must mention the passing of my great aunt Frieda at the age of 105 last Thursday.  Sorry we missed you by a week, but I know you were surrounded by loved ones who celebrated the full life that you lived.  I'm in awe of your longevity and only hope to grace this earth as long as you did.  Family...that's what it's all about.  Again, prayers for safe travels up and back.  Hope you're all having a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment