Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sinking in yet?

I'll keep this post short since my last one was pretty long.  Has this whole thing sunk in yet?  Nope!  Not even close!  It may have brushed the edges, but the reality of this whole thing is still not within reach...at least not in my mind yet.  My heart has felt it, though, through the outpouring of love and support ...and unexpected surprises from family, friends and even strangers!  But, the two haven't connected yet (my heart and my mind) to fully grasp the gravity of what I've created, accomplished or that I could potentially impact someone else's life in a positive way.  That's my hope, though, to bring some light into someone else's life...to show them hope and a little humor!

But now people have actually read the book...straight through for many of you, so that should tell you it's a pretty easy read.  Seeing my aunt reading it right in front of me was pretty surreal!  And now, getting feedback from family and friends on what they thought of it is satisfying, exciting and a little nerve-racking at times...mainly because it's not just a book about knitting or how to plant a garden...it's a book about my life!  I'm putting it all out there!  It's a little scary.  But then again, it's invigorating and feels right.  There's always been a peace and a calm in my heart about going through this process and publishing my 1st book.  There's never been any hesitation or moment of doubt about it...that's how I know it's part of God's path for me. 

So, as I anticipate each new step in this unfamiliar adventure I hope that I can be fully present in each moment, be able to take it in with gratitude and give back to others with grace and respect.  The realization of what I've achieved so far will hit me one day, but until then I'll embrace each new day, every new step with a grateful heart.  And, I'll let you know when it finally hits me!

No comments:

Post a Comment