Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hoopla Over or Just Beginning?

Cooler fall weather is upon us...cool, crisp, blue skies...my favorite time of the year!  I love the cooler temperatures, the hint of fire places being lit, football antics and tailgating, hot chocolate, colorful fall leaves and running outside.  It's also the calm before the storm of rushing through the holiday season.  So, sit back, enjoy the beautiful weather (hopefully wherever you are) and take it all in!

As I briefly reflect on the past two weekends, I'm extremely blessed for the truly amazing experience.  You only get one "first" of anything and although I may write another book and go through this process again (no plans to do so right now) it was all an unknown adventure for me that was exciting and humbling.  As I've mentioned before, I'm very sentimental about my hometown and the people there so last week's book signings only added to that heartfelt emotion for me.  The experience only grew my love for that community, our family and friends even more!  That's a true blessing and gift that I'm very grateful for.  And, I love that I could share it with all of them! 

Yesterday, I had my book launch party for very close friends and family where I live now.  Again, a few nerves beforehand but it was more because I was running all around town trying to get errands done before the big party.  But, to see my close friends there supporting me and their enormous excitement for me was truly humbling because I never thought I would be doing this...sharing so much of myself to so many.  So, now I'm curious to get feedback from those who have read the book.  All good so far, and of course, I'm not really expecting any negative feedback from family and friends...more what surprised them or what they learned about me or my experiences that they've now learned from.  In one conversation with someone yesterday, it did hit me a little bit that this was now real...but not completely.  Because after this, my next book signing will really be open to the public...the mass public...and not just a community where our family practically knows everyone or where I've invited only a few family and friends.  The next one will really be a display of the interest for my book and this topic.  And, thankfully for me it's a few weeks away so I can recover and get organized again.  And, add the purchase option to my website!  The one thing everyone has been waiting to know...when can they buy it online?  When?  October 1!!!! 

So, from the sincerest place in my heart....Thank you to all of you who have come out to support me these past two weekends!!  I am truly grateful for your love, support, enthusiasm for my new endeavor, and encouragement.  I have placed my faith in God throughout this journey and he has provided strength, courage, no fear, and determination to trust in Him each step of the way.  May His grace continue to bless this new path in my life.  And may He bless each one of you with new wonders and possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment