Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Whirlwind Week Ahead

It's going to be a wild and crazy (well, hopefully not too crazy) week ahead!  I'm traveling for work today for an event on the east coast.  I'm going to a beautiful, top rated resort but it's supposed to be rainy the whole time I'm there.  Darn.  I guess it won't matter much once I arrive since I'll be stuck inside conference rooms for the next couple days.  So, a couple long days ahead for work and then off to IA for my 1st book signing!

All the planning and preparation for this 1st book signing has been fun, new and exciting!  But, now it's almost here!  I started getting a little nervous on Friday when I heard the library is getting a great response from all the flyers around town, FB postings, newspaper promos and that many locals are talking about it!  That's what you want, right?!  The marketing efforts have created a buzz and that's always a good thing.  But, I think my nerves are mixed with anticipation and excitement.  I'm just SO grateful for all the support and good wishes.  I almost don't know how to take it all in. 

I had a good conversation with a co-worker this past week about how (mostly) women have difficulty accepting praise or compliments.  We just shrug it off and/or don't fully accept or receive the sincere words given to us.  Several years ago I had another co-worker compliment me on something and I shrugged it off and she told me to just say "thank you" next time!  I appreciated her candor and since then have done just that!  But, all the congratulations and support I've received over the past couple weeks leading up to this 1st book signing have truly been heartwarming, inspiring, and overwhelming.  I'm not sure I was expecting it and I'm definitely sure I wasn't ready to receive it.  Life has been too hectic and busy to actually take the time to take it all in!  I'm very mindful of that and really want to take in this moment...my 1st book signing...in my hometown!  This will never come again, so I want to be fully present in the moment...to receive it and to be able to take it all in with gratitude.

I honestly don't know what to expect, but I know I'm blessed by the opportunity and by my friends and family...and hometown community...that support me!  It means the world to me!  So, I plan to utilize the 12 hour drive up to IA to center myself to fully receive the events ahead...to calm my mind, slow down the non-stop to-do list that's constantly been running through my head for the past several weeks (this will be the hardest thing to do!), and enjoy the moment!  So, please pray for safe travel by land and air this week, and I hope you find the simple joys in each day ahead this week!  Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment