Sunday, March 24, 2013

Make it Quick!

Ironically, as I typed the title of this post (with the Dallas Stars hockey game in the background) the Stars scored in the opening minute of the game!  Talk about "make it quick!"  I was actually thinking I'd make this a quick post because there seems to be so much going on right now and so little time to do any of it!  What are weekends for?  Catching up?  Or at least trying to!

I'm running my 2nd 10K today and the weather is less than ideal.  At least my ideal running weather...which is 50 degrees and no wind!  It's 30-something degrees out with a wind chill in the 20's!  I hate the wind!  It's a 2-person relay of a half-marathon, so I'm running the 2nd leg which is 6.1 miles.  I did my first 10K back in January and actually surprised myself.  I did pretty good for my first 10K and really didn't have any urges to run another one so soon, but am running for a dear friend...two actually!  Running for a friend we lost a little over a year ago to breast cancer and running for my friend who signed up to run the race, but fractured her hip skiing in December so I'm filling in.  Am I crazy?  That's what I've always thought of most marathon runners..."You're crazy!"  How come people have the urge to 'become runners' after they hit 30?  What is that?  Anyone?

Well, I'm not a runner by any means.  I've run two 5K's and now two 10K's.  As I'm running, I'm thinking to myself "you people are crazy!"  Hellooooo?!?!  I guess sooner or later I'll consider myself one of those crazy runners, too, but for now I'm just filling in.  And today (because of the weather conditions), trying to make it quick!

(BTW, the Stars just scored again as I'm finishing this post.  How ironic...again!  And yes, if you are wondering I'm writing this on Sat night and posting on Sun (hey, just trying to get it all done when I can)...just so you're not confused by the Stars reference.)

No comments:

Post a Comment