Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hard Work...Dedication! Dedication...Hard Work!

Have you ever watched the t.v. show The Biggest Loser?  For the past two seasons, their 'new' trainer, Dolvet, uses this phrase to motivate his contestants.  He'll yell out "Hard Work" and his contestants will yell out "Dedication" and then he'll yell out "Dedication" and in return they yell out "Hard Work!"  It's totally true, though...not just in working out and trying to lose weight, but in all aspects of life.  If you are dedicated and work hard at anything you'll succeed.  There simply are no short cuts in life.  Period.  There may be quick fixes or things marketed as quick fixes, but there's always a catch, a side effect or some consequence to that quick fix.  But, if you truly put in the preparation, effort and commitment to whatever it is that you are seeking then pure satisfaction, appreciation and goodness can only follow.

So, as I strive to reach my individual goals...whether they be to lose that final 10 lbs, continue to live and eat healthier or "simply" to find my true passion and live it daily...there are times when I wonder if knowing more about my biological predispositions for certain health conditions, physiology (of Asians), metabolism, etc. would help in meeting those goals.  Or if the data would be somewhat irrelevant because I've grown up eating all Western foods vs. traditional Korean food.  Who knows?  I'm sure there have been a few studies, but enough to really know?  Another thing to wonder as an adoptee.  For instance, if my sister has some sort of medical problem my mom knows exactly what it is and how to treat it, because at one time or another she's had the same problem.  When I ask my mom about something that is ailing me, she sends me all the information she can find on WebMd.com.  Gee, thanks!  She's still giving me the best information she can as a mom, but that's the difference....in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment