Sunday, March 17, 2013

Each in our own time....

In one of my first posts, I stated that every adoptee has their own timetable...their own journey...as we all do.  For an adoptee, there are so many variables that affect and influence that journey and evolve over time.  The environment an adoptee grows up in, their family life, their religion, values, etc. all shape each adoptee...as it does all individuals...differently.  I definitely think my journey of having interest and understanding of the Korean culture has evolved slowly during my lifetime...and that's neither good nor bad.  Again, it goes back to each person having their own timetable and finding the right time in their lives to be in the right space to explore and accept what they might find.

With my book coming out this year, more and more friends and family that have adopted and more opportunities that allow me to grow and learn about adoption, I feel like it's truly the right time in my life to have this exposure.  I'm ready for it now.  I'm ready to learn more about it...circumstances, conditions, legalities, politics, ways to help and give back.  I'm open to the questions...and now, the answers. 

There are more opportunities now...to learn, to get involved and to give back.  I definitely want to make a difference in some small way...to give a voice to adoption that hasn't been heard before, to give hope to another adoptee, to give inspiration to a potential adoptive parent, or to give insight to current adoptive parents.  Is it my obligation?  I don't know.  But, right now...it feels like I'm in the right place at the right time doing what I'm meant to do right now.  Only God knows where my journey leads and how I will evolve along the way...and I trust in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment