Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover....

We've all heard that phrase before and it's a good lesson to learn.  But, since I actually have a book being published where I have to consider the implications of a stellar book cover design vs. something that "will just do" it's a daunting task.  And yes, it's making me focus on how people will judge my book based on the cover!  So, at the moment I'm not sure I'm applying that phrase to my current task at hand...designing my book cover!

The cover of the book is the first thing people will see...it's what people will hold up, show their friends and family...it's an identifier from t.v./online/magazines...it's what you see sitting on your shelf or on your coffee table...it's the visual that you recognize!  It's a lot of pressure!  I'm feeling that pressure right now!  I have to figure out what the cover of my book will look like....something that I identify with, something that resonates with the book, something that will catch people's eye, something that I will love 50 years from now...is it too much pressure to put on one book cover?!  I don't think so.  So, I want to take my time, be very deliberate about the process, and listen to my gut feel on options I'm seeing.  Wish me luck!

You'll get to see the end result this summer!  It won't be real until I'm holding it in my hands...smiling and holding it up for the world to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment