Thursday, June 22, 2017

Super Dad!

Since we just celebrated Father's Day this past weekend, it's only fitting that my dad displayed more of his 'super powers' yesterday.  He enjoyed a fun-filled weekend by going to the Texas Rangers game with my older brother and his two boys on Friday night and then Saturday morning my sister, mom and I took him to play Top Golf.  It's basically a targeted driving range where you drive balls into different targets placed all over the range.  It's a lot of fun, but we were all a bit rusty since none of us had hit a golf ball in probably 3 years!  But, once we dusted off our golf swings we enjoyed the competition of trying to beat one another!

Over the past week, my dad has trucked over 2 loads of dirt to fill in a fairly noticeable gap between my foundation and the ground.  Luckily it's only on one side of the house, but we got that done the week before last.  Since then, he's been trying to find sod to put over it before it rains so the rain doesn't wash away all the dirt.  He got the last few pieces at Home Depot yesterday and brought those over to lay, but then went to this sod farm near his house and dug up around 100 pieces of sod!  Yep, he dug it up himself (because that's what you do there), loaded it all and brought it over.  We spent a late afternoon in June in Texas laying sod!

Thankfully, it wasn't blistering hot...it was actually quite pleasant for a June day with the breeze blowing and finally the humidity was down...such a blessing!  So after around 8-10 loads of sod we got it all laid down!  An enormous amount of work...from my dad!  He dug up all the sod, hauled it over, unloaded it and laid it all down!  Makes me tired just thinking about it again.  And, I was definitely tired last night!

But who does that?!  A super dad does that!  One that doesn't mind hard work and displays tenacity in getting the job done!  It's amazing!  He's amazing!  And, I'm so thankful for all his hard work and for caring so much to do it!  I'm blessed to have a super dad in my life and I really don't know what I'd do without him.  In addition, he fixed my garage door as it got off track and I couldn't get my garage door open...which is part of the reason I was off and day and missed my post yesterday.  I was busy laying sod for most of the day and taking two showers after both of my dad's visits.

This morning after I worked out I went around and watered all of the sod since my dad said it needed to be watered for the next 10 days....and he'd kill me if I let it all die after all his hard work!  And again I realized how much work he did yesterday!  I watered and watered and watered!  That was a lot of sod he dug up!!  I even got 4 mosquito bites on my face while watering...ugh!  Lets just hope I'm still motivated to water again tomorrow.

Hoping you have a blessed weekend ahead and you continue to appreciate your dad even if it isn't Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment