Sunday, June 25, 2017

Shopping Under Pressure

I recently bought a new mattress (which was immensely overdue) and with the purchase I received a $200 rewards card.  I went back to the store today to shop...and use that rewards card.  However, I was thinking it was a 'gift card' and it wasn't it was a 'rewards card'.  What's the difference?  A gift card you can use once and still have the balance to use at a later date.  A rewards card you have to use the total amount at one purchase.  Good thing the sales guy told me before I checked out thinking I could use the rest later.  

So, I took my time (almost 2 hours...sheesh!) and walked through the store to figure out what I wanted...what I needed.  This, that, no this, maybe that...ohhh the pressure!  I always thought I was a decent shopper, but under pressure I'm not so sure.  I went back and forth...in my mind and throughout the store...trying to calculate exactly $200 and deciding what I really "needed".  I can't believe I was there for almost 2 hours!  But, I finally made my purchase and only went over by $9.50.  

I went through the same thing earlier this year when I bought a new cell phone.  I had $480 in credits, but I had to spend the entire amount right then!  If you've ever been to a major phone carrier's store there's not a ton of stuff in there to peruse, but it took me forever to figure out what to buy!  You'd think if someone told you you had a certain amount of money to spend (for free) that it would be easy to pick out what you wanted, but it's harder than it sounds.  It probably took me an hour to spend $480!  But, I did get 7 different items.  I probably could've just bought a Go-Pro or a fancy speaker and called it a day, but I ended up with 2 phone cases, a smaller bluetooth speaker, a rechargeable phone case, a fast rechargeable stand, Beats headphones and yes, a selfie stick (which I still haven't used).  "Pressure" shopping it's ideal nor is it very fun....but, someone's gotta do it, right?!

Blessings for a pressure-free week ahead!  Enjoy the last week of June!!

No comments:

Post a Comment