Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Heat and Humidity

It's that time of the year...full of heat and humidity!  Ugh.  No bueno!  It's been hot and humid here the past several days and it's supposed to be through Father's Day this Sunday.  No my favorite...probably my least favorite!  I'm good with storms because you know they'll eventually pass, but humidity just sticks to you immediately and when you start sweating just standing in place it's just not right.  

The heat is always going to come, that's a given living in Texas, but I remember my first work trip to Raleigh and I felt the humidity as soon as I walked off the plane up the jet bridge.  It was the same on my first trip to Singapore.  How come no one ever told me it was SO humid there?!  And because these were work trips I was wearing suits for the majority of my time there.  I remember being in awe of the women walking around in suits in Singapore.  And to top it off, the first day I was there a group of women took me to lunch...at an outdoor food court!  You can't escape the humidity when outside, but thank goodness for AC!

How do you deal with the summer heat and humidity?  Do you like it?  Do you exercise out in it?  Sometimes I see people out running in this type of weather and I'm always shocked.  I would pass out if I did that!  Not to mention what it does to our hair, ladies, right?!

Stay cool as the summer heat kicks in!  Blessings to you and your family the rest of this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment