Sunday, June 4, 2017

Rain, Rain Go Away...

Although it was quite rainy for most of our DFW Holt International picnic yesterday, we still had a good turnout with a lot of new families that had never been to the picnic before.  So, all-in-all it was another great event!

I've enjoyed co-hosting the picnic the past 4 years and look forward to meeting new families, as well as, catching up with the families we've met previously.  It's always fun to see the little kids and how much they've grown each year!  I enjoy talking to the parents of adoptees and hearing about their adoption journeys and I know my parents really enjoy talking to all the parents, too!  As I've said before, each adoption journey is different but there are underlying things that are very similar for families.

And, I love that all my nieces and nephews were able to come and enjoy the day with all the other little kids.  All the kids enjoyed playing in the rain, playing with bubbles, in the splash pad and of course on the playground.  I'm also thankful my sister was there to capture all the memories by taking pictures throughout the day.  A lot of fun and precious moments!

So, if you have an opportunity to connect with other local adoptees you should!  It's a great way to share stories, feelings and any issues/concerns you may be facing.  We're all in this together and should help lift up one another...no matter the issue or situation.  Life in general is hard enough, so the more we can do to connect with one another and help our fellow man/woman the better we'll all become as a citizen and as a community.

Have a blessed week ahead and enjoy the first full week of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment