Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! I hope you're having a relaxing, fun-filled day of all the things you enjoy!

That's what my dad should be doing, but instead he's been out looking for sod for one side of my house.  He's been looking for the past couple of days and all the home improvement stores have been out.  So, now he's digging up some sod over by his garden to bring that over since there is a chance for rain tonight.  Not a very relaxing Father's Day, but honestly I don't think he'd rather be doing anything else.  He likes to stay busy and active.  I told him the rain would probably pass us by tonight so he shouldn't bother, but I'm sure he's out there digging as I type.  What would I do without my dad?!

I have no idea and I don't want to find out!  I have a lot of friends who have lost their father's already and I can't even imagine it.  Just his presence, his phones calls during the week, of course all the help he gives me around my house, and all the big and small things he does for all of my siblings and I...we'd all be lost without him.  Father's guide and shape so much of what we do in life and it's a day like today that we can try to show them our appreciation and gratitude for it all.

So again, Happy Father's Day and enjoy your day!  May all the fathers out there be blessed with love, joy and happiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment