Thursday, June 8, 2017

Foodie Favorites

Now that we're getting closer to summer and all the festivities that take place outside during the summer....concerts, festivals, picnics, pool parties, BBQs...what are some of your foodie favorites?  Or more specifically, what are some of your childhood foodie favorites that you haven't had since you were a child?

I recently mentioned to my mom that I missed pudding pops.  You know, the frozen popsicles made out of pudding.  I loved the chocolate ones, but wasn't a big fan of the vanilla ones.  So, the following week my mom brought me a chocolate pudding pop she had made.  It was delicious!  Another summer treat that I totally miss and seriously haven't had since I was probably 8 years old is a soft serve ice cream cone that was dipped in sprinkles and nuts.  It was only available from a local restaurant right outside of town on the other side of the railroad tracks.  It was basically like a Dairy Queen.  I loved that sprinkle cone!  Ahh, the memories of favorite foods, places and of course people!  That's what it's all about!

All the traditional summertime foods I enjoy, but again it's mainly the memories and the people that make them special.  Like all the picnics we had near our creek with either my grandma bringing food or my mom making all the food.  You always knew it would be good and homemade and you can't beat that!  Most of our picnics were sitting on a blanket in a field, near the creek or out on our lawn.  There weren't many times we were actually sitting at a picnic table as opposed to now.  Times change...scenery changes....but traditions can continue and new memories made.

So, enjoy the coming summer months and try to conjure up some of your childhood foodie favorites!  Hopefully they'll still be as good as you remember!  May you have a blessed week ahead full of sweet treats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment