Monday, August 17, 2015

Time Warp

Do you ever have those days where time just goes by and you don't know what happened to it?  I must have been in one of those yesterday!  So, sorry for the late post.

There are those days where time flies by...years even, and then there are those days that time drags on forever.  Time is one of those constant things in our lives.  It's either rushing us forward or racing across the finish line like the tortoise.  You hear all the time "Be present" or "Be in the moment".  Sometimes it's hard depending on what's happening in that moment.  Sometimes it's easy to soak in your surroundings and the beauty that God displays all around us.  But, sometimes you just want that moment to pass as quickly as possible.  

For half of the day yesterday I think I was in one of those vegetative states...just sitting there not motivated to do anything on my to-do list.  And then it was time to go to bed!  What happened to my day?  Mind you, I wasn't feeling all that great either with a headache throbbing, but still....my time was just sucked up in some black hole and it was gone!

But, as we are so richly blessed to wake up for another day...a new day is here, the sun is shining and I have 'time' to be more productive today.  Albeit a Monday, I kinda have to be productive since I have to work...but, generally speaking after my non-productive last half of the day yesterday today will seem like a frenetic day!

However time affects you today, I hope at the end of the day you are satisfied with how much you've gotten done, how much you've taken in 'the moment' and/or how blessed your life is.  And just remember, tomorrow you get to wake up and try to do better or just keep doing what you're doing.  

Blessings to you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment