Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Ramping Up.....

As I mentioned in my last post, it's time to ramp up my marketing efforts!  One step at a time...well, maybe a little faster!  It's time to really get the word out there...out beyond my inner circle, my immediate bubble.  It's time to put my marketing skills to the test!  Maybe my career path became my career path for precisely this moment.  I didn't know what I really wanted to be coming out of high school or college.  In high school, all I knew was that I wanted to wear business suits!  I thought they made women look more powerful...hence the term "power suit."  But in all reality, I'm thankful I don't have to wear business suits every day to work! 

During my senior year of college, I really just stumbled into the marketing profession through a co-op opportunity at a major IT company.  That was the start of my professional career...in marketing!  Go figure!  Life has a way of presenting opportunities at the right time.  We don't always know it at the time...ok, we rarely know it at the time...because we're so consumed with this or that, something that won't be important a week from now or just the chaos of daily life!  Sometimes you can't clearly see the path God has taken you down until you stop and look back years later.  And then you "get it!"  It all makes sense now.  Sometimes you need more time before the path is clearly visible, but if you stop, reflect and calm your senses the picture comes into focus.

So, as I ramp up this new part of the publishing process I take pause, get focused and get it done!  Along with all the other demands of my life...work, birthdays, holidays, self-exploration course, finding time for family and friends...and finding time for myself!  Although life is running full speed ahead these days, I still take that moment at the end of each day to be grateful and thank God for all my daily blessings.  However crazy things are going to get...I know God is leading the way and will provide!  Blessings to you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment