Sunday, July 28, 2013

Final Proof Done!

I finished editing my final proof of my book today!  I did it in one shot...read it all the way through!  And, it flowed nicely...love that!  The final "here it is...ready to go" moment...what I've been so focused on for three years now, the content.  Just the stories and how they sound and making sure I say it the way I want to, and constantly updating, editing and tweaking sentences, words and phrases.  As I said before in a previous post, authors, artists, musicians, creators of any kind have to know when to stop...when to say it's finished...when to say it's ready to go out into the world.  This is that moment for me, at least from a content perspective.  I still have to finalize the book cover, hopefully this week!  But the meat of it, the guts, every ounce of my being, my story...it's all there ready to share with you!

I have also reconciled in my head and heart, so far, what happens when I put my story out there and there's negative reaction or some criticism from some (because we know there will always be critics out there).  How will I react?  How will I deal with it?  Will I care?  Will I care too much?  But, I remembered this morning that's when I'll lean on those closest to me...my support system...those that ground me.  Those true friends who will just be there to listen if I need them to or my family who will be there if I need a shoulder to cry on.  I'm hoping that doesn't happen (often, at least), but I want to be prepared for it if it does.  Reality.

But, in the meantime it's full speed ahead...and literally full speed ahead as it's ALL happening NOW!  So, get ready because the time is almost here!  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment