Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Daily Horoscope

Do you read your horoscope daily?  Weekly?  Monthly?  Do you believe in the "power" of your sign?  Have any of your horoscopes come true?  Why are we so fascinated with horoscopes?  I think it's that slight possibility of "the universe" (or more likely someone) predicting or forecasting the future.  We all want to know what's coming next, what's ahead for us, what we need to prepare for or what we need to brace for so that the future is not so unknown.  We want to be able to predict everything...good news, bad news, winning lottery numbers, the outcome of a surgery, etc.  But alas, is there really such a thing as predicting the future?

I suppose our daily weather forecast is as close as we get based on weather forecasting tools and technology.  But, as we all know the weather forecast is not always right!  So, why do we read our horoscopes if we know they're not accurate or full-proof?  I think it's for the hope of what our future might hold or preparing ourselves for a rocky road ahead.  It's an attempt to give us a heads-up even if everything in the horoscope isn't true or doesn't come to pass.  

I like reading my yearly forecast at the beginning of the year because...well, it's the start of a new year and anything is possible...even a new horoscope!  And, I do have a horoscope app on my smartphone, but only check it out occasionally.  I probably read my weekly horoscope more frequently at the moment.  Does it help me prepare for the week ahead?  Perhaps or perhaps it's just fun to read!

Whatever your future holds, may blessings fill you up today and everyday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment