Sunday, January 24, 2016

Staying Warm?

On the east coast (of the U.S), many are stuck inside after a massive blizzard hit this weekend.  Tons and tons of snow!  This winter definitely hasn't been as bad as in years past, but whenever a major storm hits there are always serious damages or sadly even some fatalities.  It's just that time of year and I'm sure it won't be the last major storm to hit this winter.

I remember one big blizzard that hit our farm when I was younger.  I remember my dad opening the front porch door and the snow packed up to the top of the door.  We couldn't get out!  There were other ways out of the house, of course, but not through the front door.  Once the storm had passed and it was time to go to school, I remember trying to run across the top of huge snow mounds to get to our driveway to catch the bus.  And, for some reason I'm not sure there was heat on the bus back then or not that I can remember, because sitting on the bus all bundled up in our snow gear there was snow on the inside windows of the bus.  Yep.  But, as a kid who remembers the cold anyway?!

Snow days are always fun, though!  We usually get at least one due to ice or on occasion snow here in Texas.  In the last couple years we've actually had more than one snow day due to weather.  So, lets see what's in store for this winter...who knows, it could snow in April!

Wherever you are in the country (or overseas), I hope you are staying warm, dry, safe and perhaps you'll get a snow day on Monday!  If so, enjoy!!

Blessings to you this final week of January 2016!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment