Thursday, January 28, 2016

Present?

Are you "present" in your life?  Are you truly living your life to the fullest everyday or are you just going through the motions?  Sometimes I'm not sure how or if it's even possible to live life to the fullest everyday...as we hear that phrase a lot...but, I'm sure if I ask someone who is terminally ill they would have a different perspective for me.  Most of the time I think we all just feel like we're going through the motions...our daily schedules, to-do's, habits, etc...and it's the occasional "life happens" moments that get us off kilter for a bit.  But, in general we're all just doing what we need to do each day to get by, survive, get it all done...sound familiar?  

And then we hear about being more 'mindful', 'present' in our lives and we try that for a day or two until real life runs over us again.  How is it possible to be mindful all the time?!  I think there are times in the day that I'm definitely more mindful than others, but then when I'm tired and just want to sit, watch TV with a bag a chips I'm definitely not mindful at all!  Like everything else, I think it's a balancing act and a slight mental shift, but I'm hoping I can practice it more often than not.  It is calming and I know it helps with our overall outlook on life, but I don't think it's always possible...at least that's not been my experience yet.  You may be practicing a much more mindful life than I and I applaud you.  Keep it up!

So, hopefully with greater awareness of what and why I do things, react to things, etc. I'll be able to change my perspective, my path, my feelings towards myself in a more self-fulfilling manner.  We can only live, learn and grow, right?!  It's the journey that we all take.

Wishing you a very mindful and soul-searching end to January!  May you have presence of mind, peace of heart and grace to carry you ahead.  Blessings to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment