Sunday, January 17, 2016

Celebrating 45 Years!

Yesterday was my parent's 45th wedding anniversary!  We celebrated by having brunch at a local restaurant that's known for it's abundant brunch buffet.  It was the first time for my nephews to experience the whole buffet scene where you could go back as many times as you wanted....which they loved!  One of them even started out at the dessert table!

It was a very filling meal that left us all satisfied, but more importantly grateful to be celebrating our parents' anniversary and the love they share...and the love they haven given to each one of us.  45 years is quite an accomplishment these days!  And looking back on their journey together it's quite a memorable trip!  Anyone who shares 45 years together will have battle stories, scars, joyful times, surprises, low points, high points, and everything in-between because that's life.  But, to go through all those things with someone you know you can lean on, trust, support and love is the ultimate journey.  It's a lifetime FULL of memories!!

And that's exactly what it is for my parents.  I probably listen a little closer at stories they tell or memories they share now than I did before.  And, I truly appreciate them more each day!  It's the thought of losing them, not having them here that scares me most and I know that's also part of life...but, I'm not ready for that to be reality anytime soon!  So, I'll continue to be thankful for every new memory we all make together because I know so many families are missing a loved one.

So, here's to my parents and 45 years together!  May you continue to be blessed in the years to come and may you enjoy the journey together making new memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment