Sunday, October 18, 2015

Waiting on Results...

So, I'm still waiting on my DNA test results that I finally submitted several weeks ago.  As mentioned in one of my previous posts, I had not really thought too much about the test/the results prior to actually submitting the test.  But, now that I have submitted it I've wondered a bit more and more each day as I wait for the results.

Will it define who I am?  No.  But, it will tell me more about where I came from and where my ancestors came from...even if I never take that next step to look for and find my relatives.  That's another journey in and of itself (as many of you already know and have gone through that journey yourselves).  As I've also mentioned in my book, we (adoptees) all have our own timing when our curiosity drives us to find some of those lingering answers about our past.  I'm not sure that those that questions drove me to take the DNA test...for me, it was more that the opportunity presented itself and I chose to take it.  Some jumped on that decision right away for their own reasons.  We all have similar questions and answers that we'd like answered, but we also have our own time in which we take action to find those answers.

So, if you are the adopee, take as much time as you need, trust yourself and seek out the questions you are only ready to get the answers to.  One step at a time...no rush.  If you are the adoptive parent, just be there to support your child in whatever decisions they make and in whatever timeframe they feel is right.  And if you are a friend/spouse/sibling/etc, be understanding and patient in your support, as well as, encouraging and supportive.  We all have an incredible life journey we embark on each day we wake up and being there for one another to enjoy, support and love one another in that process is what it's all about.  

So, whatever questions you are asking now, whatever actions you have taken to answer them and/or whatever place you are in right now it's all OK.  It's right where you were supposed to be.  So, embrace the journey and find joy in your day.

Many blessings to you this week and in your search for answers...whenever they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment