Thursday, October 15, 2015

Nerve-wracking

I couldn't get to the site yesterday, so sorry for the late post.  It was a nerve-wracking afternoon...why, you ask?  Our Texas Rangers were playing game 5 of the ALDS.  I know it's not the most important thing in the world, but for them to even be in the playoffs this year was truly a gritty effort all throughout the season.  So, to watch a winner take all game it was intense from the start!  It ended up being a very crazy and in the end very disappointing loss for us...one that will take a little while to get over.

I've realized watching this ALDS series (best of 5) that I don't enjoy watching my team play.  Why?  Because I'm a nervous wreck!  I can't enjoy it.  I'm anxious, nervous and it's gut-wrenching when it all goes bad, especially in such high stakes situations.  So, it's probably good news for me...health-wise...that we're out of the playoffs now.  But, it was a fun ride!  You just never know what is going to happen from game to game.

That's the same with life, as well.  Who knows what the day will bring as we wake up each morning.  We might have it all planned out and at the end of the day none of that planning worked out the way you thought or hoped it would.  That's life and it's how well you can adapt, be flexible and not get too caught up in things that will determine if you're satisfied and/or content with each day as you lay your head down each night.  Life can be unpredictable as we all know and no matter what, it comes down to what we believe, how we control our emotions and how we react to any given situation that will determine our course in any given day.  

So, as my heart rate goes back to normal today I'm blessed and ready for whatever today brings my way!  The sun is shining, I have my health and I really have nothing to complain about.  So, take a new view, a new perspective and try to see life in a new light.  It will give you a greater view of the world, your situation and hopefully help you grow.

Have a truly blessed day and enjoy your view!

No comments:

Post a Comment