Sunday, October 25, 2015

Already Found Out...

As you know (if you've been following my most recent posts), I submitted a DNA test several weeks ago...after it had been sitting on my kitchen counter for months...so, I've just been waiting for the results for the past few weeks.  Then I find out last night from my oldest nephew that he did a DNA test at school and already has his results!  Come on.  Really?  A 10 year-old beat me?!

He was pretty intrigued by it all though and shared his results.  He talked about the other side of his family's ancestry and we shared with him our side of the ancestry we knew about.  It was nice to see him interested in the topic and where his ancestors came from.  Perhaps he'll dig further into it one day and find some interesting characters.  There's always one or two in the bunch, right?  Black sheep?  Hero?  

That's why I love that show "So Who Do You Think You Are" that looks into the ancestry of famous people.  It's quite fascinating and really makes you want to look into your own family history.  Check it out sometime!

Have you or anyone in your family looked into your ancestors?  Have you found anything juicy?  It's a fun and interesting puzzle to try and put together!  We should all want to know more about our past, our histories, our inherited traits and where that all comes from.  You never know, there may already be a family tree out there that someone has already started on Ancestry.com.  Check it out!  Why not?!

So, as I continue to wait for my results a new week is ahead.  May you have many blessings this week and enjoy the final full week of October!!

No comments:

Post a Comment