Sunday, July 12, 2015

I'm Hungary...

The first time I ever had Korean food was on a work trip to Raleigh, NC.  Yep, that's right...in Raleigh with my co-workers.  It was actually a Japanese/Korean restaurant, so there was a mix of cuisines there.  But, it was the first time I had ever had kimchi...and no, I didn't like it and still don't.  Sorry.  So, have you eaten food from your adopted country and what did you think?  How old were you when you tried it for the first time?  Do you cook traditional dishes now?

Because I grew up on meat and potatoes I don't really crave Asian food that often.  So, I don't have Korean food very often at all...partially because I don't know what to order and I don't know what I'd like and partially because I don't know where to go.  I need someone who knows where to go and what to order to go with me!  So, since I don't eat it very often I definitely don't cook it.  Someone from a company I used to work with gave me a Korean cook book when he left the company.  No, he wasn't Korean and he wasn't a cook/chef.  He was a white, inside sales rep.  Ha!  But, I haven't tried any recipes yet.  I think I still need some more exposure to the cuisine before I really know what I like and don't like.  So, if you have any tips, let me know!

Have a blessed and filling week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment