Sunday, July 13, 2014

Old "Stomping" Grounds

This past week I traveled to Napa Valley for a work meeting.  Yes, I know...horrible work location!  ;-)  I had not been up to Napa since I moved from South Bay back in 2000....14 years ago!  How was that possible?!  As I landed and got to my rental car, I realized how long it had been and was astonished.  It didn't seem that long ago, but as I drove 2 hours (due to traffic) up to Napa I looked around to see what I could remember from when I had driven the route years before.  There's only a little bit that I could remember...the rest seemed all new to me.  

Going up to Napa I knew there would be great food and of course, great wine, but I also forgot how wonderful the weather was and how lovely it was up there.  I was actually a little chilly when I landed in SFO since we'd been experiencing near 100 degree weather in Texas.  So, the weather was a welcome change.  I wish I could bottle it up along with a mountain and transplant them in Texas.  Ahhh, now that would be perfect!

It was a great work trip with some good meetings and yes, great food and wine!  And, as I drove back to SFO to fly back home I enjoyed the scenic drive back over the Bay Bridge and realized how fortunate I had been to have lived in the area for the time I did.  It was a risk and a new adventure I wanted and needed to make at that time in my life.  It was a great experience and I grew so much living there.  I learned a lot about myself and what I wanted in life and what I didn't want (at that time).  I took the leap...took a new job...moved halfway across the country...and had a great adventure!  

I hope whatever new opportunities come your way, whether it's an easy decision or a hard one...that you take a leap of faith and do what you know is right in your heart.  Listen to your heart and seek out a new adventure...big or small.  So, blessings for you this week that you may make those decisions with conviction and confidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment