Thursday, July 24, 2014

Guessing Game

I was recently at the nail salon getting a pedicure before my latest California trip and as usual halfway into the session, my (Asian) nail technician asked if I was Vietnamese.  I told her "no".  The (Asian) nail technician working on the lady's feet next to us chimed in and said "Chinese".  I said "no".  The two went back and forth guessing...."Japanese, Filipino, Taiwanese".  "Nope" as I kept shaking my head no to each new guess.  Wow, this is the longest it's ever taken them to guess (at the nail salon).  It's usually takes them 3 guesses to get it right.  I write about this in my book, so for those of you who have read it will know my previous history at the nail salons.  For those who haven't read my book yet, get yours today at www.kimfenneman.com!

When they finally guessed Korean, my nail technician said "say something in Korean", but she wasn't totally looking at me, so I didn't say anything....mainly because I don't know that many words and also because I'm sure I don't pronounce the ones I do know correctly!  She was kind of looking at the nail technician next to her, so I just let them giggle it out a bit.  Oh geez.  Then my technician asked how long I had lived in the U.S. I told her over 30 years.  She looked up at me surprised as she couldn't believe I was over 30 years old.  Aww, thank you...all is forgiven now.  Ha!

At least I have the "you look younger than you really are" going for me!  But, another guessing game at the salon in the books.  It's always something I know is coming....just another part of the regular routine.  Is it part of yours?

Have a blessed week as the end of July is upon us.  Stay cool out there and enjoy your summer vacations!


No comments:

Post a Comment