Sunday, June 29, 2014

Filling Up

It's amazing how God's word can fill your soul up with gratefulness, strength, comfort and hope!  I was filled up and satisfied in God's word, his love and his grace today at church.  It was one of those days...one of those services and sermons that was speaking directly to me...every prayer, every hymn sung, every scripture read.  Let your light shine!!!

I've said it before, wished it upon others and have even written about it in my book.  We all should be so bold and confident in our gifts...given by God...to let our lights SHINE!!  Shine brightly!  Give into fear or work through it, don't be afraid to step outside your comfort box and take a risk or do something you've always wanted to do, OR do something you never thought you would do!  That's exactly what I did in writing and publishing my book.  It was never something I had always wanted to do (like so many), but something that God presented to me...the time, the ability and the courage...to share my story and hopefully make a difference in someone else's life.  To reach out to others...to hear their stories...to connect and appreciate each of our individual stories...that's the human experience and I'm grateful to God for allowing this to be a part of my journey.  There is still more to learn and grow from this journey, but sometimes I need the reminder of how far I've come, what I've accomplished and how I've actually made a difference.  I got that reminder at church today and it reignited my faith in God and the journey that I'm on...that sometimes I'm too hard on myself and that I need to remember to let my light shine!  Sometimes I think I prematurely dim my own light not to be noticed or to stand in the shadows, but God reminds me to live in his Glory and to stand proudly of who I am....not what I am, but who I am.  

Now that I've re-lit my fire, my goal is to get it burning brightly this week!  Half of the year is gone, but another half awaits!  What will you accomplish in the 2nd half of this year?  How brightly will you shine your light?  God's love is waiting to glow brightly from within you, so keep moving forward, believe in yourself and be kind to yourself!  Let your light SHINE!!  Blessings to you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment