Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Coming up...

Many of you have probably wondered what's been going on with the book since I haven't mentioned too much lately.  Well, this weekend my adoption agency is having their annual picnic here in the area.  I worked with another local person to help set it up.  I think it's going to be a great turn-out of local adoptees and their parents, along with adult adoptees.  Last year was the first year I was able to attend the event and it was a lot of fun meeting so many great people and families and hearing their stories!  All the kids were cute as could be and it was really nice to talk to some adult adoptees.  My parents really enjoyed meeting other parents, well.  So, I'm definitely looking forward to the event this weekend!

Then, the following week I'm giving my first presentation to a group of adoption professionals...those who work in an agency or support groups that deal with adoptions.  I need to start putting my thoughts down or at least an outline of what I'm going to talk about, but I'm really looking forward to hearing feedback from their perspective.  I've never really talked to any adoption professionals before, except for those that work at my adoption agency.  So, it will be very interesting to me to hear their input and experiences.  Wish me luck!

Other than that I don't have any official book signings booked right now, but hope to start getting some more scheduled soon.  I'm also looking to do some outside my immediate local area, so hopefully I can get some of those booked soon.  Stay tuned!  If you're interested in hosting a book signing or would like me to speak to a group, please contact me at kimfenneman@gmail.com.  I'd be happy to do it!

So, check out the post this coming Sunday to see how the picnic went on Saturday.  I'm sure I'll have some stories to tell!  Wishing you a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment