Sunday, April 6, 2014

April Showers...

April showers bring May flowers, right?!  I hope so, as we're getting some much needed rain in north Texas today.  I only wish I had gotten the fertilizer on my lawn before all this good rainfall.  Add it to my to-do list.  I see neighbors planting colorful flowers and I think for a brief moment I should, too, but then alas it probably won't happen.  Honestly, I'm just concentrating on keeping the plants I have in the house alive!  That's challenge enough for me.  Yes, no green thumb here.  But hey, at least my garden is getting some beneficial rain and I don't have to stand out there with the hose...yet.

Have you done any spring cleaning yet?  Some of us are still experiencing winter so I'll assume no.  Some make it an annual ritual and some get to it if they can.  I think I'm the latter.  Some years I'm all enthused (or at least as much as you can be) to clean all the windows (inside and outside) of my house or clean through closets to get rid of barely worn clothes to donate, or even to go through all the pantries and cupboards to sell in our yearly neighborhood garage sale.  It's the annual purge of "stuff" to get ready for another year of 'collecting' more stuff...or just NEW stuff!  

So, as the rain continues to fall today while church scripture and music fill my heart, may the seeds we plant this spring blossom into beautiful new flowers....opportunities, ideas, adventures and relationships!  May you have a blessed week ahead as we get closer to Easter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment