Sunday, December 29, 2013

Coming to a Close...

2013 is winding down so it's time to reflect on this past year.  What a year!  In some regards it seems like it flew by, but with the seasons of change coming and going it's all in good timing.  I'm not even sure I can sum up this year...it's been a year full of new adventures, experiences, sadness and some disappointments...as all years seem to encompass.  A year that started off in a new job (day job) and then the drive and focus to get my first book edited and published!  As you're read throughout my publishing process, I took it one step at a time...one deadline at a time...and then, it was done!  I had MY book in my hands!!  Holy cow! 

And then that started another new adventure, basically starting my own little business of selling my book!  The promotions, magazine articles, blog interviews and all of the book signings were memorable and exciting new experiences for me.  And, to kick off my book signings in my home town in Iowa was amazing, humbling and simply wonderful...a perfect and surreal beginning as an author!

The year was full of ups and downs, strengthening existing relationships and creating new ones.  Lifting up family members in times of grief and struggle, and coming together to support one another as only families can do!  Open to new opportunities that the book presented and enjoying all the feedback and stories from complete strangers about their adoption stories and how they've enjoyed reading my book!  Now to get that excitement about my book passed on to others...word of mouth to promote more people reading my book!

The new year is right around the corner and another year full of possibilities awaits us all!  New dreams, new adventures, new goals, new outlooks....dreams fulfilled, amazing new memories made, goals accomplished and changing our lives for the better all awaits us!  I'm excited about the continuing opportunities promoting and sharing my book presents and the new people I'll encounter over the course of more book signings and interviews.  And who knows what else this new year will hold...not only for me, but for you, too!  Thank you for continuing to follow my story through this blog and I wish you a peaceful and joyful new year!!  May you have numerous blessings in the coming year and share your gifts with those around you!!!  Happy 2014!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment