Sunday, December 15, 2013

Tidings of Good Cheer!

I hope your holiday season is bringing you and your family good tidings of Christmas cheer!  There's always so much going on at this time of year, so I hope you're taking it all in and enjoying every minute of it!  It's a magical time of year!

This past week, I was in New York City on a work trip.  I've been to the Big Apple many times over the years, but this is the first time I've been there during the holidays.  There are a lot of iconic places I've seen on TV over the years, like the tree at Rockefeller Center or the angels leading up to it (I'm remembering Home Alone 2), Macy's or the artistic window decorations at the high end retailers.  So, it was fun to get to see it all in person this year!  It was all very festive and beautiful as snow fell down hard on the first full day I was there.  It didn't stick, but it was pretty to watch falling down all day from the 29th floor of our office building.  And, I finally got to see the Radio City Music Hall Rockettes perform from 6 rows back!  Fun show that makes an ex-dancer want to get her dance shoes back on!

Thankfully there were no real delays going or coming at the airport, which was a concern especially this time of year.  But, since I had been stuck in my house for 4 days due to a massive ice storm in my local area, my first trip out of my house was to slowly make my way to the airport.  I'm thankful for safe travels and a fun trip during this hectic holiday season!

So, whatever new adventures, surprises, traditions you and your family may be experiencing this holiday season....I hope you are safe, healthy and filled with the true spirit of this wonderful time of year!!  Blessings to you during this last full week before Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment