Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Holiday Season is Upon Us!

Wow, it's December already and the holiday season is fast and furious (RIP Paul Walker) even before it was Thanksgiving it seems!  But, now we're into December so the houses that had their X-mas lights on several weeks before Thanksgiving...ok, it's now acceptable.  I just finished all my decorating today!  It usually takes me at least 2 days to get the house decorated and the tree up.  And, I must say...I love my tree this year (tried the mesh ribbon in white and purple this year, which I love but it took me an hour just to get the ribbon up!) 

Trying to get SO much done during my holiday break before going back to work tomorrow and my body has paid the price.  It is aching all over the place!  To add to my physical exhaustion and pain, I trimmed all my bushes and cleaned up/weeded the front of my house today, too.  After a couple days of non-stop shopping (yes, starting Thanksgiving night), decorating and just normal household chores I seriously need another couple days to recover.  I can't believe the holiday break is over already!  I was busy every day and am wondering if I'll ever get a break...just to rest, recover and recharge.  Maybe the end of the year will bring some down time my way.  Lets hope!

But, in the holiday spirit of things...I must say it's always a fun time of year and I'm excited about all the holiday festivities that will occur between now and the end of the year.  And honestly, I'm pretty much done with all my shopping, X-mas cards have been mailed and the house is brimming with holiday cheer, so now I can really just enjoy the season!  I hope you enjoy this joyful time of year, no matter where you live, and really celebrate the meaning of the season!  Blessings to you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment