Sunday, December 8, 2013

Iced In

It's day 3 of being iced in.  The freezing rain and sleet came on Thursday and ever since then it's been one thick sheet of ice with another glaze of ice overnight.  The temperatures are only suppose to rise above 32 degrees for a couple hours today, but then go below freezing again until probably Tuesday or Wednesday.  Yikes!  Three days is probably my limit, so come tomorrow I'll by itching to get out again.  However, I have gotten a lot of work done around the house. 

Unfortunately I'm suppose to travel for work tomorrow, too.  I'm not sure that's going to happen with all the flight cancellations, traveling to the airport and the weather system that hit us is going to hit the northeast today.  I know most northerners (in the U.S. and those internationally who live in very cold countries) are probably laughing at us southerners who become immobile when it comes to cold temperatures and ice.  We pretty much shut down, hunker in and cook! 

I was supposed to have my latest book signing yesterday, but we had already rescheduled it due to other circumstances even before our "great ice in".  So, no more book signings until January.  (January 25th - check out my web site for more details at www.kimfenneman.com)  I'm hoping to spend the next several weeks ramping up my marketing plan and getting ready to do a full blown launch and marketing campaign that will kick off in January.  Going to start the new year off with a full-fledged marketing attack!  (Or at least that's the plan)  So, maybe with a few more days of being iced in I can make some headway on my marketing plan....just trying to stay productive!  Blessings for this coming week...and hopefully a thaw out!

No comments:

Post a Comment