Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Finding Peace and Joy

As Christmas approaches and the end of another year is upon us, it's time for new memories, remembrances of holidays past and reflections of the year coming to a close.  What surprises happened this year?  What tragedies or challenges have you had to overcome?  What personal growth have you made this year?  And, what new goals do you have for yourself in the coming year? 

As I hope for some quiet, reflective time of my own in the next few days to ponder all those questions, I hope I have answers to them.  It has been a fulfilling year in the completion and publication of my first book!  What an amazing accomplishment!  I'm very proud of that.  But, it always seems as if its the same things in life that mean the most.  So, although the book has been a labor of love over the past couple years to get it published it's the everyday random acts of kindness by strangers or thoughtful gestures from a friend or family member that I'll remember most.  However, I must say that as I continue to get feedback about my book by complete strangers I'm humbled and grateful for the blessing to touch someone else by my story.  That's why I worked so hard to publish it...to impact someone else's life, to make a small difference, to shed some light!

So, as this year comes to a close I hope you have fond memories of this year, see how much you've grown and continue to have hope for a better tomorrow!  Blessings to you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment