Sunday, November 3, 2013

Turning the Clocks Back...

Fall back...hopefully you remembered to set your clocks for daylight savings time last night.  I forgot!  So, I got up ready to go work-out thinking man, I wish I had an extra hour of sleep, and then I saw the time on my phone...dangit!  I could've had an extra hour of sleep!  Now, I'm up and ready to go.  Oh well, the early bird gets the worm, right?  Well, in that case, work-out done, a couple loads of laundry going and a little bit of cooking going for the week...all before going to church this morning!  That's what I'm talking about!  Oh, and maybe a nap later in the day...probably when it turns dark out at 5:30!  I always dislike that first week of it getting dark early.  But, for a morning person like myself the sunrise earlier in the morning is always a beautiful sight!

This is my favorite time of year...Fall!!!  I love the cooler weather, the changing leaves, the crisp air, all the pumpkin food and drinks, craft fairs, thinking about the holidays but not in the frenzy of it yet, and watching football/hockey/basketball!  Ahhh, I love it all! 

But, I've also been having flashbacks of growing up on the farm recently.  The carefree days of running around the farm, going down by the creek for picnics/cutting down trees in the woods for firewood/canoeing/fire pits for smores/Christmas caroling around town.  All the joys of my youth!  Simple times.  Happy times.  And all the people that fill those memories.  Family and friends that showed up for my 1st book signing in town at the library and even those that didn't.  My friend's parents that I spent so much time with and all the parties my parents had with them at our house.  All my cousins...all the family get-togethers, holidays, reunions...we were all truly blessed to have spent so much time together just as a family!  I've been thinking a lot about that lately.  Thinking about different moments/memories of each of my cousins...not purposely seeking them out or trying to remember them, just popping in my head as I'm driving here and there.  Turning back the time on fond memories that remind me of where I came from...precious, endearing, truly thankful!!!  Wishing you a blessed week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment