Thursday, November 14, 2013

In a Fog...

It's my 100th post!  Wow!  It certainly doesn't seem like I've written 100 posts, but here we are.  Thank you SO much for following me and investing your time in my story!!  I really appreciate it!

And, sorry for the late post...I've been sick this week and I've been in a bit of a fog this week.  Gradually, each day I'd get another symptom and feel a little worse.  Yesterday was the first day I woke up and didn't feel worse than the day before.  And today, I'm definitely starting to feel better...still tired with lingering symptoms, but better.

My head is not the only thing that has felt like it's been in a fog lately.  Nothing seems particularly clear right now.  The holidays are coming up, so the rush and the madness of decorating, buying presents, parties, cooking, etc are upon us.  But, I've been in one of those reflective moods lately...moreso looking to the future and what that holds.  I have no idea!  I think I just need to center myself a bit and truly look inward to find what will drive me to the next "thing"...whatever that may be.  I don't think I'm going through that mid-life crisis that so many men go through and I don't think I'm at a crossroads (yet)...I just feel like I've been "getting through it" all.  I've been trying to take it all in, enjoy those special moments (like my 1st book signing in my hometown), but I don't think I've processed everything that has happened in the last couple months and what it truly means to me.  I know what it means to me 'on the surface', but what has what I've accomplished this year and what I've been through mean to me?  Maybe part of that answer will come to me as I continue to get feedback on my book and what people thought of it.  My story is out there now so knowing that people have a better understanding of what it's like to be adopted or can relate to some of the stories only gives me a greater perspective of what I've been able to do this year.  Those are the blessings that help me realize my accomplishment.  But everyday, I do feel blessed and grateful for this life and the gifts I have to offer to others.  Maybe my next "thing" is just making sure I LET MY LIGHT SHINE each and every day!!  Blessings to you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment